Thursday, October 10, 2013

Nightsweets

In response to a recent trouble Ive had with thinking about work too much at home, I've started listening to music before sleep again.

I did this a lot in Korea, when insomnia would hit me real bad. Turn off all the lights, turn on a fan and lay down with soft and light music flowing lightly through my big headphones. It became a routine, a comfort. I've never been one for counting sheep; my brain doesn't do very well on something so cottony.

Insomnia or not, I feel change coming this fall. I am slowly moving my work schedule to first shift, though it's probably months away from happening fully. Yet now having regained two evenings during the week, I find myself at a loss. Leaving work before 10pm is foreign and it's hard to not worry that I'm doing something incorrectly. I come home and just lay around, accomplishing little and worrying about the lack of productivity.

But work and effort aren't productive if they serve no purpose, if I gain nothing from them. I can busy myself to death, but even I can't trick myself into believing that something useless I do is beautiful or purposed unless it intrinsically carries those properties with them.

If Object A <> quality X, even projecting the imagine of X upon A will all my might is only a further lesson in tilting at windmills.

So this fall, ostensibly a few weeks in already, is less a search for stability and instead should be redirected at at a grand journey to find purpose. Motivation. Reason.

And I lie in bed, eyes closed and body still, soaring through the clouds over sonic waves of anamnesis. Incorporeal and unshackled, ethereal as a sea of breath, I fly like a falling star in reverse, and somehow make my way off to sleep.

Deus dormit [the god sleeps]
Et liberi ignem faciunt [and the children light a flame]
Numquam extinguet [he never dies,]
Ne expergisci possit. [he can never awake.]
Omnia dividit [the dear and]
Tragoedia cara [lovable tragedy]
Amandamque [divides everything.]
Et nocte perpetua [In the endless night,]
In desperatione [in desperation]
Auroram videre potest [you may see the aurora]
Manet tempus expergiscendi. [it's just the time to revive.]

No comments:

Post a Comment